TSSP: List Archives

From: Greg Leyh
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 08:52:55 -0700
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Happy Birthday!

At 01:16 AM 9/6/2002, Paul wrote:

>By way of encouraging coilers to delve more into the theory of the
>subject, I thought of running a quiz game.  Something along the lines
>of
>
>  http://www.abelian.demon.co.uk/tesla-quiz/
>
>Several of the questions would require a bit of thought and some
>delving into web pages and text books.  Wonder whether something like
>this would appeal to coilers, either as a one-off or an on-going game?

Hooboy, that's all I needed... a Sisyphean task that
I can't put down!

BTW, if you wanted an extra question to round it out
to 25 here's one that involves an interesting fun fact:

In a DC resonant charging system, what percentage of
the primary capacitor's total energy is the charging
inductor required to temporarily store?

A)  25%

B)  50%

C)  100%