TSSP: List Archives

From: Paul
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 07:53:06 +0100
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Top Voltage

Bart wrote:
> Fres = 238kHz (gap open)
> Upper Mode = 248kHz (gap closed)
> Lower Mode = 206kHz (gap closed)
> f3 = 832kHz (gap open)
> f3 = 846kHz (gap closed)

Very nice agreement on these measurements.  No problems there.

> I seem to be breaking out at lower V&I than expected.
> The gap = 2 sphere electrodes at 1.2522" diameter spaced
> at 0.1" = 7.228kV (North)

Well that makes a pleasant change :)  We've got lots of
things that can account for an early breakout.  Your previous
set of data from the cmod page showed definate breakout by
26kV/cm.  Base current peak is consistent with the firing
voltage.  I'll study this lot today and try to set up a
summary web page for all these results.

Your k factor is a little higher than modeled so I'll try
to get to the bottom of that.

> Al corregated flex tube with Al tape to smooth

Maybe that's a factor.  Lots of factors available to account
for a low breakout, so no problem, I think.