TSSP: List Archives

From: "Barton B. Anderson"
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 13:17:29 -0700
Subject: Re: [TSSP] F A N T C: - It's NEW! - and needs some TSSP input

--Boundary_(ID_IVubwBjT9WLC8f26+PbKhw)

Hi Paul,

Ran a detail (4) in Fantc:
BTW, with a detail = Time elapsed: 3529.5 secs (900Mhz chugg)

            fantc     tssp     measured
Fres(kHz)   236.82    234.9    238 kHz
Lee(mH)     18.14     18.44
Les(mH)     18.44     18.69
Ldc(mH)     18.85     18.84    18.67
Cee(pF)     23.70     24.23
Ces(pF)     24.56     24.57
Cdc(pF)     37.31     37.50

So yes, it converges toward tssp as you mentioned.
Ran fantc at det 2 (236.5kHz, odd it's lower).

If I maintain the groundplane and ceiling radius as averaged (103"), but
put the nearest wall radius (64"), I get  234.49kHz. I suspect the largest
portion of discrepancy is due to the coil weighted to one side of the
surroundings. When I finish the misc. testing in the garage, I'll setup
outside, throw down a flat metal groundplane (old railroad crossing sign)
and go through the measurements again.

Take care,
Bart