TSSP: List Archives

From: "Barton B. Anderson"
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 19:19:43 -0700
Subject: Re: [TSSP] F A N T C: - It's NEW! - and needs some TSSP input

Hi All,

Paul wrote:

> Bart wrote:
>
> > Ran a detail (4) in Fantc:
> > BTW, with a detail = Time elapsed: 3529.5 secs (900Mhz chugg)
>
> Gosh, an hour.  Hmm, have to try it on mine when the machine's
> not too busy.  I don't think many users will wait an hour for
> a result.

Paul, thanks for your thoughts on accuracy with tssp and fantc. Good to
know info.

Run Time: There are several ways around this; i.e, checkbox for high or
moderate where I define internally, or simply define internal run values
for detail (no user intervention), or set internally (different for type
of run) and maybe allow an override (which defeats the purpose). I don't
like limiting the user too much. I'd like them to run quick or long
analysis as they see fit (granted, 58 minutes is bit much).

I think a better approach may be to keep the detail availabilty there,
but alert the user when focus is lost and drop the high down to 3. The
alert could be generated when Ces or Resonance with det > 2 is selected
(the long run possibilities). Also, I better limit the low (no less than
1). I've tried values below 1 and the program couldn't resolve at times.
Have never found that true if det = 1 or higher.

Anyone with preferences?

If not, I'll probably go the later route as described.

Take care,
Bart