TSSP: List Archives

From: Paul
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 15:51:55 +0100
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Top Voltage

Terry wrote:

> 300 Vfire raised medium shpere (base current)
> http://hot-streamer.com/temp/OLTC10-12-11.gif
> http://hot-streamer.com/temp/OLTC10-12-11.CSV
> breakout was 100% of teh time

I notice when examining the secondary ringdown that
we can see a clear transition between the initial
steep part of the decay, and the later part of
the ringdown.

The transition seems to occur around 400uS, at 0.6
amps base current.  This corresponds to 63kV on the
topload, and a surface field on the sphere of 19kV.

Prior to this point, the Q factor averages 32 and
afterwards, it averages 86 (almost the unloaded value).

I suppose we're seeing the discharge cut off.

It's wonderful to see so much of the secondary energy
going into the streamer load.