TSSP: List Archives

From: "Barton B. Anderson"
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 01:14:59 -0700
Subject: Re: [TSSP] F A N T C: - It's NEW! - and needs some TSSP input

Hi All -

I've uploaded Fantc x.7 tonight.
http://www.classictesla.com/fantc/fantc.html

I've left both x.6 and x.7 zip files up for now.
There's also a text file with revision history included.

Take a look at the format. The analysis section now includes run buttons
for each type of analysis. If it looks to cumbersome let me know (and
vice-versa).

Kurt, I did a bit of reading on NS6. Lot's of bugs. Even those first
couple lines at the top of html pages are a problem for NS6:

Apparently the above is the only doctype NS6 understands. This typically
just tells the browser how to interpret formatting on the page, but
maybe it has something to do with NS6 causing you problems. Anyway, I've
updated that area. Apparently, NS6 is full of buggy issues. NS7 is
available and suppose to be better. Interestingly, AOL is looking to
make Netscape their core js engine (? bye IE). Maybe AOL will finally
get fixed.

Paul, I still have a problem with the groundplane being installed. It's
not working for inches, but is for meters. Haven't spent a lot of time
on that yet. Mostly wanted to get this version out there for review and
feel. I can always go back to a single run if this looks or feels wrong.

PS: snuck in one of my coils as a resonance demo (it was this, could
probably add more).

Take care, (list of x.7 changes below)
Bart

version 7 changes:

1) Repaired "undefined" message which occured whenever first analysis is
run without
   a demo run, by initializing flag globally on load of page.

2) Repaired js error which occured on disc install whenever the inner
diameter was
   left blank. All topload objects now run NotNum() to set any field
which is not
   a number to the number 0, then on objects requiring a dimension shift
to radius,
   the field is checked for 0. If zero, field is set to zero, otherwise
dimensions
   are calc'd.

3) Swapped format of voltage profiles (box to left of term). Also moved
profiles to
   capacitance analysis section and separated frequency resonance
analysis to it's
   own section. Changed frequency analysis to resonance analysis.
Updated notes
   throughout to accomodate formatting change.

4) Added groundplane to drawcoil() function.

5) Changed instance variable in test.js to standard value for clearity.

6) Added Run Analysis buttons for capacitance, inductance, and
resonance. Validation
   techniques as well as various calls to com8 (resonance) were replaced
with flag.
   Reformatted run analysis tables.

7) Added new S,V,I listing during writing of voltage profiles during
resonance run.

8) Some formatting to demo's. Demo's are now run by pressing the
appropriate analysis
   button. An input box was added above run analysis table to identify
to the user
   which button to press for the demo.

9) In the case where a second window is currently open and a second
analysis is run,
   the user may not be aware that a second analysis will run within the
current
   output window. Therefore, whenever an analysis is run, the input box
at the top
   of the analysis table will identify to the user the analysis is being
being run
   in the second window.