TSSP: List Archives

From: Bert Hickman
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 09:52:10 -0500
Subject: Re: [TSSP] F A N T C: - It's NEW! - and needs some TSSP input

Bart, Paul and all,

This is one accurate and very POWERFUL program - congratulations Bart
and Paul! Also, thanks for your persistence in fighting browser and java
problems!

A browser update: Going to Netscape 7.0 doesn't seem to help!
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get FANTC to run until this morning. I
installed Netscape 7.0 on Saturday (great program, BTW!). Unfortunately,
it apparently doesn't like FANTC, so I wasn't able to do any real
testing until today. I saw similar behavior as Kurt and Stefan when
trying to run either the online or downloaded versions. My system uses
Win ME, running on a 1.3 GHz P4 with 512 MB RAM.

Using Netscape 7.0, I got very sluggish responses using either FANTC
version x.6 or x.7. This was the same for either the on-line or
downloaded versions. Response to get to the "Computing... please wait"
screen was about 60 seconds. But the real problem was that I was not
able to get FANTC to run to completion under Netscape 7.0, and it didn't
even bring up the script warning... :^(

Paul's GeoTC Test Script did at least run on Netscape 7.0, but again,
it's as though it's in "slow motion". Had to clear the familiar script
warnings (about 10 times along the way) but it did finally did chug
through the tests... :^)

However, when I tried reverting back to Netscape 4.7, everything became
much "snappier". The "computing" screen came right up, and the demos ran
cleanly in both on-line and downloaded modes, with no script warnings.
When I ran Paul's GeoTC Test Script, the calculation times were about
1/3 that seen under Netscape 7.0. Using FANTC x.7 in Netscape 4.7, I was
able to finally run a comparison test on my system!

The predicted versus actual results for inductances and coefficient of
coupling agree very nicely - in fact they're virtually spot on! However,
I haven't added in the room's wall and ceiling parameters - this may
partially explain the somewhat larger deviation in Fo (about 2.6% higher).

Measured values:
================
Lpri = 193 uH
Lsec = 73.5 mH
k = 0.208 (reverse calculated from F1 and F2 vs Fo)
Fo =  91.6 kHz

Using Level 2 analysis:
=======================
Running F A N T C version x.7 using core functions of G E O T C version: 2.0
Primary Inductance (L1): 191.09 uH
Run Complete
Time elapsed: 4.1 secs

Secondary Inductance (L2): 73.64 mH
Run Complete
Time elapsed: 3.4 secs

Mutual Inductance (L1,L2): 770.04 uH
Coupling Coefficient(K): .205
Run Complete
Time elapsed: 11.6 secs

Secondary Resonant Frequency: 93.99 kHz

V/I prifile data with corresponding secondary length fragments....

S, V, I

0.00, 0.00, 1.00

0.01, 338.52, 1.01
0.03, 1209.49, 1.03
0.06, 3445.73, 1.04
0.06, 5957.41, 1.05
0.06, 8626.09, 1.06
0.06, 11388.03, 1.06
0.06, 14204.32, 1.06
0.06, 17048.81, 1.06
0.06, 19902.39, 1.05
0.06, 22749.78, 1.04
0.06, 25577.66, 1.04
0.06, 28373.28, 1.02
0.06, 31123.12, 1.01
0.06, 33811.13, 1
0.06, 36415.98, .98
0.06, 38905.83, .96
0.06, 41227.63, .95
0.06, 43280.02, .93
0.03, 44077.03, .91
0.01, 44388.72, .9

Energy Storage Inductance (Lee): 76.82 mH

Effective Series Inductance (Les): 75.17 mH

Low Frequency Inductance (Ldc): 73.64 mH

Energy Storage Capacitance (Cee): 38.22 pF

Effective Shunt Capacitance (Ces): 38.41 pF

Low Frequency Capacitance (Cdc): 53.8 pF

Total Topload Capacitance (Ctop): 30.89 pF

Run Complete
Time elapsed: 104.5 secs

Thanks again, and best regards,

-- Bert --