TSSP: List Archives

From: Mddeming@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 11:32:28 EDT
Subject: Re: [TSSP] F A N T C: - It's NEW! - and needs some TSSP input

--part1_48.13742199.2adee08c_boundary

Hi Paul, All,
       I have been reluctant to do more than read the TSSP correspondence in
the past, because the level you are all working at makes me feel like a
medieval alchemist offering his "expertise" to a modern DNA lab. (I was
fairly current 35-40 years ago)
However, FWIW, I ran the test program above on my 256 MB, 450 MHz PII, Win98,
AOL 7.0 clunker with the time results shown below. Got the same two slowdown
messages from IE.
 I'm not sure what else I can contribute without getting simple how-to
directives, but I'm finding it fascinating to watch. I might be able to
provide some simple measurements and raw data and to add to the pot, if you
think it would be worthwhile. If not, I will go happily back to just being an
enchanted audience.

Matt D.

In a message dated 10/16/02 6:27:25 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
paul@abelian.demon.co.uk writes:

> or the version without Java, which is
>
> http://www.abelian.demon.co.uk/tssp/geotc/ks.html
>
> There must surely be a browser option to turn off that
> annoying message that warns of a busy script.  They couldn't
> have been so dumb as to fix it in place, could they?  Hey,
> the computer's doing some real work, that's unusual, better
> warn the user!  Idiots.
>
> Almost lunchtime, I'll take a look at x7...
> --
> Paul Nicholson,
> --

starting    GeoTC

[...]