TSSP: List Archives

From: Paul
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 16:27:11 +0100
Subject: Re: [TSSP] F A N T C: - It's NEW! - and needs some TSSP input

But earlier, Bert wrote:
> Paul's GeoTC Test Script did at least run on Netscape 7.0, but
> again, it's as though it's in "slow motion"...reverting back to
> Netscape 4.7, everything became much "snappier".

Bart's fix wouldn't have affected the geotc-test.html, so it
should still be running slow.  Bert, if you get the chance
can you run

 http://www.abelian.demon.co.uk/tssp/geotc/geotc-test.html

on NS4 and NS7 and see how they compare for speed?  A factor
two each way is tolerable, but if it's many times slower we need
to look at it.

There are some other things we could compute without much cost:

a) DC resistance of coils;
b) distribution of RF ground return currents in the groundplane,
   walls, ceiling, etc;
c) E and H field at a distance from the coil;
d) distribution of EMF in secondary due a current in primary;
e) location of highest surface field (breakout point);

With option (d), someone could use the program for a thorough
study of primary geometries which give the 'smoothest' induction.