TSSP: List Archives

From: "Barton B. Anderson"
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 23:59:04 -0700
Subject: Re: [TSSP] F A N T C: - It's NEW! - and needs some TSSP input

Hi All (again) -

Kurt, Bert, and anyone with NS7 or NS6, I think I've got that one fixed.
I've uploaded a couple updated files which brings the latest Fantc to x.7b.

I installed NS7 on my home pc (I'm using it for this email since all
folders and emails flowed in flawlessly to NS7's email - very cool!).
Anyway, upon my first test I turned on the Java Console for NS7 and it
identified a problem in J_Run.js. (compare_Cresult is undefined). Well,
it took a few seconds to see why. The output functions were "nested"
(doh!). Anyway, popped them out of main run function and popped them
back in just below it. Ran NS7 without errors. It's not as quick as IE6,
but it runs ok. I put an output of the first Capacitance Demo at the
bottom. Java Console had no errors.

It does run a little differently:
1) When run, the second window pops up but no text is written to the
screen (it's blank):
2)  I did get the nag script message with NS7 once. When it displayed,
the main page popped up with the dialog message. When I clicked
"Cancel", the box stayed there (as well as the main page) until the run
was complete. It looks as if screenupdating is turned off during script
execution which doesn't call the screen.

Anyway, it should work now. (Glad to, because I want to try this new
browser).

Take care,
Bart

 this is an online run from the site.

Running F A N T C version x.7b using core functions of G E O T C version: 2.0

RUNNING DEMO: A toroided system:  (tssp => 17.3 pF)

Computing ..... please wait

System or Object Capacitance: 17.78 pF

Run Complete Time elapsed: 125.2 secs