TSSP: List Archives

From: "Barton B. Anderson"
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 15:35:34 -0700
Subject: Re: [TSSP] F A N T C: - It's NEW! - and needs some TSSP input

Hi Greg,

With a single turn primary, the top and bottom heights can be equal as
long as the single loop is given a radius of r2 larger than r1. I had to
find some way to prevent impossible dimensions from running. When this
happens, geotc will cause a bailout, thus, I was writing validation for
every "possible" configuration. I ran into this very situation with
single turn loops, where we would want to make r1=r2, but this causes
problems elsewhere if h1=h2 at the same time. In order to run the single
turn loop, I wrote the validation to prevent an r1=r2 if h1=h2
situation. Thus, to run the single turn loop, make r2 slightly larger
than r1. Check the single turn loop demo. There you'll find r1 = .5,  r2
= .500001, h1 = 0, h2 = 0.

That's the way to do this at this time. I'll look into seeing what I can
do with the validation to allow this and still prevent bad inputs from
getting into geotc. I figured this would come up and glad it did. It
just confirms that I need to spend more time in that area.

Take care,
Bart