TSSP: List Archives

From: "Barton B. Anderson"
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 17:54:44 -0700
Subject: Re: [TSSP] F A N T C: - It's NEW! - and needs some TSSP input

Hi Bert, Paul,

Thanks. From what I've gathered, this is due to Mozilla (which is NS7
minus additional toys). Mozilla 1.0.1 (which NS7 is using) are
conforming to W3C standards. This means some methods previously used
which are outside of W3C no longer work. Also, the tag  is going
bye bye in favor of .

Paul, I've made some changes to geotc.js as follows ( for
getElementById) to conform with W3C convensions. However, I still
haven't found out why Mozilla can't draw the graphs or coil. I've tried
the object tags without success (actually applet tags will still work in
Mozilla, it's just not working for some reason).

Anyway, here's the type of changes I've been making (Iprof and geodraw
as well). I've given id's to each ("vprof", "iprof", and "geodraw")
inside fantc.html. Works the same in older browsers (it just conforms).

Take care,
Bart

function XX_graph_V( result)
{
var d = document.getElementById("vprof");
   if( d != null)
   {
      d.init();
      d.wbox_flag = true;