TSSP: List Archives

From: "Barton B. Anderson"
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 01:34:41 -0700
Subject: Re: [TSSP] F A N T C: - It's NEW! - and needs some TSSP input

Hi Paul,

Hey, just found out getElementById isn't going to work for all browsers
(why can't they stick to one set of conventions?). This was apparently
installed after 4.x browsers (so those browsers would have a problem and
we I would end up writing sniffer code - I don't think this is the
problem anyway). So, ignore the geotc changes. I still cannot find a
reason Mozilla based browsers are having problems with these particular
applets. Other applets on the web work with NS7 that I've ran across. I
can't find anything different in implementation.

Curious, what version software was used for compiling? I've read here
and there about applets requiring recompiling (but the never seem to go
into detail). If I knew what was used, that might help me identify any
possibilities down that avenue.

Take care
Bart