TSSP: List Archives

From: boris petkovic
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 09:34:39 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Top Voltage

Hi All,
Bert wrote:
> Unfortunately, the rapid polarity reversals seen in
> a Tesla Coil are
> simply not very common in lightning research or in
> power distribution.
> So, unfortunately, there's not a lot of research
> material available, or
> being done, for long RF sparks.
---
Thanks for your inputs.However,considering polarities
of terminal and acompanied spark elongation I find
that negative polarity semicycles,especially if really
high TC voltages involved,could play very important
role in fast development of a long transient rf spark.
One way or another,and as stated in previous
posts,there's still a lot of work ahead before we come
to the points relevant to spark propagation
considerations.
---

I wrote:

,I think some
> > preliminary scoping tests under obvious breakout
> would
> > come in handy.Only problem here is the requirement
> of
> > the high  precision of scoping.
snip;)
---
Someone might misinterpret my words "under breakout"
here.I have just noticed this.
It could be wrongly understood as "during obvious
breakout" or "in breakout".
I was certainly refering to the energy shot below or
prior to visible breakout of secondary.
Words below and under have quite a similar meaning to
me but when put in context can change the point upside
down.
My apologise if I caused any confusion as conserns
this matter.

regards,
Boris

HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now