TSSP: List Archives

From: "Terrell W. Fritz"
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 16:15:01 -0700
Subject: [TSSP] OLTC delays...

Hi All,

I just wanted to confirm that I am still alive ;-))

Many projects and such have hit here at the same time so I am working through
them.

Mike Hollingsworth on the Tesla list moved to Florida so I helped him find
homes for a very large quantity of Tesla stuff.  Most of it was stored next to
the OLTC so it could not be run, but it is clearing out fast.

The 50kV power supply blew a FET drive IC and a few other parts at a local high
voltage mad scientists meeting during some "experiments". =:o))  It's guts have
been spread out all over the floor while being repaired.  Parts are in the
mail...

I picked up an older 40V 20A DC SCR power supply that is being refurbished next
to the HV supply.  Just got it all back together this afternoon.

My battle robot hobby has taken a lot of time this last two week too ;-))  We
got beat up bad at the last tournament so time to re-arm...

But, I have been watching the neat PDF files mentioned here recently and
generally keeping up and will get back to experimenting when things get cleared
out.  BTW - the primary coil on the OLTC can be place upside down to change the
polarity.  I think Bert mentioned this.

So rest assured that OLTC experiments and stuff are still in the works but just
delayed.