TSSP: List Archives

From: boris petkovic
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2002 09:02:34 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Top Voltage

Hi Marc,

> I don't know if it helps any, but i have a nicely
> captured pic of a
> plasma ball forming on one side of the toroid as the
> leader on the other
> side depletes itself.
---
Surely,it would be nice to take a look at it.What
site we can view the pic on ?
Despite we haven't get even close to it yet-to
consider "hot" things such as leaders or plasma
I often like to watch them;-)
Marc,your MV coil has been one breakout mystery
eversince.
Field simulator reported,as far as I remember,peak
fields in range of 50 kV/cm while you reported there
were still no visible streamers from toroid.
Something is  strange about it.Or imput energy and
losses we estimated badly or just space charge doing a
tremendeous job around your system!

>  I have several that i enhanced to get a better
> view, but one can truly
> see that a coronal cloud forms and precedes the
> leader.
> if i can send it here i will, if not then tell me
> where? either way it
> is a very interesting shot.
> Marc M.

Best regards,