TSSP: List Archives

From: boris petkovic
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 06:11:21 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Top Voltage

Paul wrote:

> Interesting to read about the various time lags,
> we've
> got the 'statistical lag' while we wait for a seed
> electron
> to come by, followed by a 'formative lag' during
> which avalanches
> develop.
---
My guess is that "formative lag" is just of minor
importance for cca 38 kHz OLTC waves.
---

> I see we have three voltages to worry about, in
> ascending order
> of volts,
>
> a)  DCV: disruptive critical voltage,
> b)  COV: visual corona onset voltage,
> c)  BV: breakdown voltage,
>
> and I guess it's the DCV that corresponds to
> 30kV/cm.
---
As I said in earlier posts I didn't trust 30 kv/cm
DCV threshold in case of OLTC rod/sphere geometry if
unit operated single shoot.This value is given only as
general guide.
The value isn't fixed.Msm of rod/sphere currents under
various regimes should confirm that (the waveforms and
looking for a change in capacity) .The author correcty
says that prior to avalanche and free corona discharge
there is "weak" Tow. currents regime.
Nothing could be heard on seen.I wonder how
significant is that regime in case of OLTC.
Msm,msm,msm...
---

> I think perhaps Terry is only registering the last
> one on OLTC.
---
Mostly by eyes.Serie of Rod/sphere current msms yet to
come.
---

> The stuff about conditions for stable corona is very
> interesting
> (chapter 1, page 20).
>
> We might be able to use this to construct a model.
---
I wish if it were possible.For single shot operated TC
I'm very pesimistic.
There are other articles on the site.
I find fair that author included TC device mentioning
in:http://elect.mrt.ac.lk/HV_Chap7.pdf

regards,
Boris

http://webhosting.yahoo.com/