TSSP: List Archives

From: Marco.Denicolai@tellabs.com
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 15:41:27 +0300
Subject: [TSSP] Modeling with ANSOFT

Hi All,

A question in particular to Terry and Paul (are you there?).

I am trying to model Thor's toroid, double guard rail, toroid
protuberance, etc. with ANSOFT (Maxwell software). In your E-Tesla
program, how did you model:
- the secondary coil
- the primary
- the guard rail
- the toroid ?

Shape is not a problem. And potential neither for the toroid (Vtop) and
the guard rail (zero) but what about the rest of the items? I mean, not
the mathematical procedure, just the analogy I could use with ANSOFT.

I would like to verify the postulate of 5 kV/cm required to elongate up
to, say, 1.5 m and 1 kV/cm required to elongate further. Because I have
really measured that kind of behaviour in the characteristics
pulse_amount vs streamer length with Thor.

Sadly, I have still a lot of thinking/reading/measuring before I can
tell you anything valuable. It takes time...

Best Regards

 Marco Denicolai           Senior Design Engineer
 Tellabs Oy                tel: +358 9 4131 2769
 DSL Products              mobile: +358 50 353 9468
 Sinikalliontie 7
 02630 Espoo  FINLAND      email: marco.denicolai@tellabs.com

and confidential and protected from disclosure.  If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an
employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
reproduction, dissemination or distribution of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please notify us immediately by
replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.

Thank you.
Tellabs