TSSP: List Archives

From: "Terrell W. Fritz"
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 11:22:10 -0600
Subject: RE: [o-o] [TSSP] Modeling with ANSOFT

Hi Marco,

At 10:40 PM 4/28/2004, you wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>Yes I am (at this stage) just interested in solving for the electric
>field shape. No hope to gain any answers for arc dynamics :) from
>Maxwell (or any other commercial package).
>
>Terry, thanks for your links, I'll check them too. Of course I could dig
>in the E-Tesla code, but...
>
>I would like, as much as possible, to use public domain or commercially
>available packages for solving the E-field, so that other ones (I mean
>not TSSP or tesla list guys) could replicate them.
>
>That's why I'm asking how do you model the primary and secondary,
>basically using a set of shapes with a given potential.

Yes.  I assume the primary is basically grounded and I use Paul's work to
estimate the voltage along the secondary.  I set the voltages in the grid
to match.  E-Tesla has the equations in the code.  You should be able to
use them.

>Greg told about
>stacked rings with different potential. But we know that voltage
>distribution (forgetting about its max value) changes continuously in
>the secondary. What is the approach of E-Tesla to this issue?

I take the single instant of time where the top voltage is maximum but
without breakout effects (don't know how to model those).