TSSP: List Archives

From: Marco.Denicolai@tellabs.com
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 08:17:08 +0300
Subject: RE: [TSSP] Measuring Thor (was: Modeling with ANSOFT)

Hello Boris,

I think you got the idea. I emit, say, a series of 30 pulses (bangs) at
300 BPS and I record the current detected through the grounded stick. In
correspondence of a certain bangs the reading jumps over 3A. Then I know
the discharge has hit the stick. I collect this data for 3-4 voltages
and 60 cm to 2.2 m distance.

When the leader hits the stick the current grows from bang to bang.
There is also some current employed when the streamers scratch the
"stick", without "holding". I just have to draw the line somewhere and I
draw it at 3A. The full brekdown appears much later and the current is
much higher, as you tell in your email.

In a few days I'm going to have the Pearson probe and the grounded stick
shielded. Then I'll be able to take better measurements.

Best Regards

and confidential and protected from disclosure.  If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an
employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
reproduction, dissemination or distribution of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please notify us immediately by
replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.

Thank you.
Tellabs