TSSP: List Archives

From: Marco.Denicolai@tellabs.com
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 08:53:09 +0300
Subject: RE: [o-o] [TSSP] Modeling with ANSOFT + attached picture

Hi,

Suddenly it came to my mind, does this list trash automatically every
post with something attached? Just in case, here is again my email dated
3.5.2004, without attachment.

---------------------------------------

Hello all,

I have been using more Maxwell and it feels huge, old and instable. Then

I started using Bela and I like it more. The attached picture is copied
from its output. There I modeled only the toroid, the primary and a
double guard rail. On one side of the toroid a 25 mm sphere to start the

streamers. That replaced my previous copper pipe bump because it is
easier to model.

I'll try to get the secondary modeling equation from the Etesla source.

In the HV lab they have giant voltage dividers, but they work either
with DC or 50 Hz AC. Already to calibrate my SMPS we built a resistive
divider using one 138 MOhm arm-sized resistor and a 150 kohm usual one.
The transient response was simply orrible. We had to wait for the
voltage to stabilize to take a good reading.

On one book I saw a picture of a simple balanced resistive divider.
Balance came from geometrical symmetry. It was just a column of liquid
with Rogowski profile top and bottom caps. A grid was positioned inside
the tube, near to the base to achieve a balanced  resistive, capacitive
and inductive ratio. The electric field was also uniform inside the
tube. What do you think about that?

Best Regards

and confidential and protected from disclosure.  If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an
employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
reproduction, dissemination or distribution of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please notify us immediately by
replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.

Thank you.
Tellabs