TSSP: List Archives

From: Bert Hickman
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 09:12:23 -0500
Subject: Re: [TSSP] Secondary dynamic Efield

Hi Marco,

The approach looks like it should work as long as the resistor divider
develops no solution density gradients and as long as space charge
from nearby streamers can be insured to have minimal disruptive effect
on the E-field between toroids. The first condition is probably a
minor problem if you use a very dilute CuSO4 solution. The second
problem should be minimized by artificially enhancing the E-field in a
region of the lower toroid so that streamers are initiated and
directed in a horizontal or downward direction perhaps using a sphere
with a smaller ROC as a calibrated breakout point. Assuming that the
space charge effects can be minimized, it will be quite interesting to
see if the bandwidth of the divider can be increased to cover
breakdown events in the 5-10 nSec arena.

Good luck,

-- Bert --
We specialize in UNIQUE items! Coins shrunk by huge magnetic fields,
Lichtenberg Figures ("Captured Lightning" in acrylic), & Out-of-Print
technical Books. Stoneridge Engineering - http://www.teslamania.com